A specific custom type has a corrupted document history for all documents that use that type

We had an incident yesterday where I made a small edit to a document, hit save and publish, and instead of the small change being published the page reverted to an older version.

I thought that maybe I had accidently edited a previous version of the page that I had open in a different browser tab and went to check the document history. To my surprise, the history was seemingly corrupted and all the slices are scrambled and in a seemingly random order for every version of the page since it was created.

I've checked different pages and types since this happened and it seems this issue of scrambled slices in document histories is present on all pages that use our custom type "landing page" but not any of the other types we use.

I am at a loss on how to figure out how to troubleshoot this issue as the record of what happened itself is corrupted.

Hi @darien

Welcome to the Prismic community,

I will try to troubleshoot this issue with you, and to do so, can you please share with me (in a private message if necessary) your repository name and a link to the documents in question.

Also, it would be helpful if you could add some screenshots that show the issue.

Looking forward to your reply,
Fares

The issue is handled privately and will add a conclusion once reproduced and solved.

I have created an issue in our tracker regarding the potential wrong published version that you have reported, and our dev team will investigate once they pick it up from their queue.

Note that there is already another issue created regarding the corrupted history log.