Client side requests to api being blocked by ad blockers

Hi,

I'm having an issue where requests made to the api from the client side are being blocked by ad blockers.
I'm writing in javascript with svelte/routify and using the @prismicio/client package to make requests.

Am I missing something? Do I need to add something to my requests?

Thanks

Hi Umut,

Welcome to the Prismic community,

Well, I'm not sure of the source of the problem, but I can help in debugging this.
Can you please share with me (in a private message if necessary) your repository name?

It would also be useful to list a screenshot of the browser console in case of any errors.

Looking forward to your reply,
Fares

Hi Fares and thanks for the warm welcome.

So, I've tested this using the brave browser and uBlock chrome plugin wth the same result.

Hi Umut,

I've investigated the issue, and I don't think that the issue has anything to do with Prismic client or svelte.

If you look at the following screenshot tested with the Brave browser, you notice that your repository name has been blocked by Brave even when you use the API browser or do fetch in your browser console:

I guess the best, in this case, is to reach out to your brave and the other adblockers and see why you have been blocked.,

Please let me know if you have other inquires.
Fares

Thanks Fares, it's just a hunch, but maybe the name include "ad" has something to do with it.
I'll change and try again.

2 Likes

I wish all the solutions to my problems were this easy! LOL lesson learnt. Thanks Fares!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.