Hi Prismic team,
I want to start off my saying that I am in love with your CMS, and have been enjoying my time working with it thoroughly.
I compiled a list of feedback & features that I think could be really impactful. I’m unsure if you want these broken out into separate features, as it didn’t specify in the feature requests spec, so I will include them all in one thread. I believe I have removed the requests that would be duplicates of other posts (anchor links, media folders, etc).
A range slider could be really nice for image cropping. This would provide much needed accessibility for users who have difficulty using a mouse-wheel. I know I’ve had trouble in the past when I previously used a mouse that had a notched scroll-wheel, preventing me from getting a precise crop.
The current recommended method of achieving this is to ether use the document tags (which only would work for a single multi-select field) or create a group field, with a select box in it.
My main issues with the second method is that the document tree becomes quite large and lengthy (especially when selecting 2+), and it dominates the view. It would be ideal to have a single field that operates in this capacity. If a field could be created similar to the document tags (without the full functionality of document tags) that would be ideal.
Improved writing experience
One of my wishes for Prismic is to offer a better “writing experience” for users. Right now, using the Rich Text field to write an entire post has a few pain-points:
- Visual clarity
- font size is really small, especially for lengthy documents
- hard to distinguish a rich-text field from other fields
- toolbar is far away from field in most cases - especially on large screens
- Formatting options that are missing from the normal
- horizontal line/rule
- links - anchor links for documents is a high use-case
- image options - adding an option similar to labels for images to allow for alignment/floats/custom classes
- superscript + subscript
- Word counter
- Full-screen editing?
I’ve found that most of my users prefer to write their posts outside of Prismic, and then copy and paste them in. With versioning built in, it’s preferable that they write their posts within Prismic.
The possibility to collapse the content within a slice - especially useful for really long documents.
Disable the preview button based on the custom type. Some custom types / repeatable types don’t necessarily become pages, but rather options for “content relationships” for other documents. A good example of this is an author custom type, where you can have many authors that are then attached to a post to create dynamic content. However, the authors may not have their own specific page.
Ability to re-order created tabs. If you create them in the incorrect order, or want to add one later that is more important than the rest, it would be nice have the ability to re-order them.
Bookmarking / saving filters
Ability to bookmark certain collection types, and potentially add a button on the left-hand side to easily navigate to that filter. In my case, I would love to have some preset filters to sort the content.
- For example, I have posts as a repeating type. I would like the ability to save a filter with the collection type of
postand order them by
- For example, I have projects as a repeating type. I would like the ability to save a filter with the collection type of
projectsand order them by
This would provide a really nice way to navigate between collection types without the hassle of filtering, un-filtering every time.
- Ability to disable the documentation button in the navigation (question mark icon). Most of our clients do not need access to the documentation.
- Ability to disable the intercom button (bottom right). When allowing clients access, we prefer they contact us (the developers) rather than you for questions about their website. This can be confusing for clients.
I’m happy to dive deeper on these if you would like. If you would like them split out into separate posts, I can definitely remove this one and create individual posts over the next couple of weeks (as not to spam).
Thank you very much for what you all do!