Link to a document - unable to filter by document type

Hi there,

We have a lot of document types in our repository and when trying to link to a document from a link field we are often unable to find the correct document type in the filter field. It seems like it might be searching for the API ID / slug instead of the actual name of the document type. Most of our document type names have been translated to Dutch, which makes some types very hard to find. Next to that using any more than 2-3 characters does not seem to return any logical results at all. Some examples;

Searching for "nieuws" returns results, but nothing related to "nieuws". Even though there are three document types with the word "nieuws" in their title.
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 11.32.53 AM

Searching for "news" does not return anything. Even though there are three document types with the word "news" in their API ID / slug.
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 11.33.00 AM

Searching for "ne" is the only search query that seems to return the results we are looking for. All three of the resulted document types start with "news_".
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 11.33.10 AM

Hello @oneshoe

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please share the Prismic repo URL with us? You can send me a private message though.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello @oneshoe

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I ran a test on your repository, and I faced the same issue you are having. I need to pass this issue to my developer team.

I have a workaround for you: To linked with another internal document, use a Content relationship field instead of a link field. It will allow you to set constraints based on Custom Type and Tag. So you can easily select a document.
Learn more about the Content relationship field in this article.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,
Priyanka

This thread is being monitored as an open ticket in the issue tracker. We will update this post as we get more information. If you have a similar use-case, you can ‘Flag’ this topic to reopen and let us know.