NextJS complex routing & language support

Hello everyone,

Hello @roelfjan

There is no update for the moment. Although I have sent a reminder to the team. We also want to see this feature implemented ASAP but I don't have an ETA.

Thanks,
Priyanka

No problem, let me know if you need any specifics...

Hi @Priyanka,
Any news on the subject?
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

There has been no change in having alternate languages included in the route resolver. The team has investigated it as a possibility, but implementing it right away could cause very slow API response times as this would require many document queries on many levels.

So the team needs to do more exploration to understand how to best implement this and not affect performance.

Thanks.

Hi @Phil,

I understand the teams concerns and it definitly needs to be carefully reviewed - especially because I can imagine that dependent on how much metadata each customer wants to add, more or less information is needed from the other languages.

That said, I want to emphasize that the current work-around - aka firing multiple API calls - will certainly have more impact on your infrastructure as well as the customers website than a database based solution.

Peter

I understand these concerns. Although if your website is statically deployed using multiple calls shouldn't affect the performance of your website for your end user.