I’ve come across 3x RTL bugs in my RTL adventures.
1) Rich Text field
- If you toggle RTL button in the Rich Text Configuration after the custom type has already been created / saved, it will not update. The only way to add or remove RTL button to the editor is via the JSON Editor.
2) Unordered / Ordered Lists do not update with RTL
- When editing a page, if you have lists they will not flip and display correctly when you have the content defined as RTL inside them. The bullets are still on the left side, when they should be on the right side. And the text is still left aligned, when it should be right aligned. For a non Arabic reader it’s very difficult to tell if the text has been correctly RTL applied or not, when you highlight and click the RTL button. Especially if there isn’t any full stops or punctuation at the end of the sentence.
- If moving the bullets is too much trouble, could you possibly just even change the text-align and text-direction please? That way it would be much more usable for RTL users : )
3) RTL button in WYSIWYG editor toolbar does have an active state
- I realise it may be obvious that a block element is RTL visually, but it would still be nice to have the toolbar button display feedback to show if that element has RTL applied to it or not. Only because sometimes when you copy and paste content from word docs it copies the p tag with it, that may already contain RTL css. So it could be confusing to know if the RTL is being applied from the pasted html (bad way), or from the prismic WYSIWYG editor (proper way).