RTL Bugs in Rich Text / WYSIWYG editor

Hello!

I've come across 3x RTL bugs in my RTL adventures.

1) Rich Text field

• If you toggle RTL button in the Rich Text Configuration after the custom type has already been created / saved, it will not update. The only way to add or remove RTL button to the editor is via the JSON Editor.

2) Unordered / Ordered Lists do not update with RTL

• When editing a page, if you have lists they will not flip and display correctly when you have the content defined as RTL inside them. The bullets are still on the left side, when they should be on the right side. And the text is still left aligned, when it should be right aligned. For a non Arabic reader it's very difficult to tell if the text has been correctly RTL applied or not, when you highlight and click the RTL button. Especially if there isn't any full stops or punctuation at the end of the sentence.
  • If moving the bullets is too much trouble, could you possibly just even change the text-align and text-direction please? That way it would be much more usable for RTL users : )

3) RTL button in WYSIWYG editor toolbar does have an active state

• I realise it may be obvious that a block element is RTL visually, but it would still be nice to have the toolbar button display feedback to show if that element has RTL applied to it or not. Only because sometimes when you copy and paste content from word docs it copies the p tag with it, that may already contain RTL css. So it could be confusing to know if the RTL is being applied from the pasted html (bad way), or from the prismic WYSIWYG editor (proper way).

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Follow up to point 2) Lists not updatable with RTL button.

Even if you apply the RTL formatting to list items individually, after you save this is lost. As you can see from the image below, the dir=“rtl” attribute is removed after save / reload from the

within the

• /

Do you think this could this be fixed easily? I can see this being a bit of a problem for our content editors, as we have multiple RTL languages, and it would be weird switching from RTL to LTR within a single content block.

• Bump!

Does team Prismic have any plans on fixing these bugs in the near future?

It would be very handy to know, as we plan on supporting a lot more languages with RTL, and the editor needs a little bit of work until it could be considered truly ‘RTL friendly / compatible’

Thanks in advance : )

Hi @tim, thanks for providing this feedback to us. I will pass this along to the @Prismic-Dev-Team and @features-team to look into. They will let you know what they find when they look into this.

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

When I align the text to the right in Prismic it is not aligned on my site, even using RichText :: asHTML

Hi Vidal,

This is a known issue that we are tracking here. It's in the dev teams next round of issues to be worked on, so we will be working to fix this in the coming weeks.

Thanks.

Thanks Phil! I'm waiting

Just an update, this fix has been moved to the testing stage. We'll keep you updated about it's progress.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Hi @tim,

So I talked with the team and I believe the first bug has already been fixed:

The second bug went to testing and had to be returned for more work, so it's still in progress:

and there is currently no fix for the last one:

Thanks.

Thanks Phil,

Really appreciate the swift response.

And great news bug #1 is fixed. I'll test that in the coming week.

Hopefully bug #2 can be fixed at some stage as well.

Bug #3 is lower priority, so no dramas there.

1 Like

Cool we'll keep you updated :slight_smile:

Threads close after a period of inactivity. Flag this thread to re-open it and continue the conversation.