Search results no longer reflect latest heading

It appears a recent bug was introduced whereby the search results display the original heading of the record, not reflecting any subsequent updates.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.49.53 PM

Hey Angelo, thanks for sharing this with us. Could you please send me the URL of your repository (via dm if you prefer) so we can do a check on our side?

Thanks

Hello again Angelo, Thanks for sending over the details. Managing the Display Name of a document in the document list is already a feature that is currently being rolled out progressively for every single user.

So, if you don't yet see it in your repository you can still use the old default way of setting Display Names:

Thanks Paulina,

That's helpful to know, and we'll likely use it for some of our content types. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to resolve the issue where it's displaying the old title.

Are you able to see the input option at the top left side of the page?


If you do, then the new Display name feature is activated in your repository. And is there where you will be able to re-name all of your documents from now on.

Oh, it seems to be working now. It was still returning the old title when I tried earlier.

Does this mean that whenever the heading is changed, the content editor would need to also update the display name at the top? If so, is there any way to get the original behaviour back?

We "simulated" this functionality in the past by creating a heading that was only used for display purposes in the dashboard so it would show up in the search results. Unfortunately, we were promptly asked to remove it.

Thanks,
Angelo

The display name input is a new feature added to make it easier for editors to modify this value.

What happened before was that the display name took the first text it found from a new document; It doesn't matter if it was a Title, Rich Text, or Key text field; it would always choose the first text string and add it to the title.

Sorry, I should've clarified. I have tested setting useAsTitle, but am still seeing the input at the top, and it's still showing the value from the new input in the search results.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 7.37.37 PM

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 7.38.12 PM

Sorry for the confusion, I just checked again how the new behaviour would happen, and the new input will always override what you had before.

By default, it will be filled by the previous title setup for all old documents, either if you had the useAsTitle or not. For all new documents, it will use the useAsTitle property to set the first value of the display name, but then afterwards, you'll be able to override it.

1 Like

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.