The Search Functionality in the writing room needs to be revamped

I know that this has been flagged many times before, but just wanted to point it out again.

The Search functionality is one of the biggest blockers and pain points for me and my clients ever since I started working with Prismic 2 years ago. If I have +100 articles of a custom type, the search bar doesn't help, often times it makes it even worse by hiding the document I'm looking for. So I usually have to scroll through 100 articles until I find the relevant article I'm looking for.

Even adding something as simple as searching by uid, it would improve the UX by 10 times. It could simply look like

uid: "my-uid"

Thanks,
Kris

We then extract the uid and find the specific article I'm looking for.

It is true that the search engine indeed needs to be improved to make the functionality of the repositories and the way of browsing documents, in general, more robust. At the moment, there is still no news about these feature requests being carried out, so I will add your post as part of the feature request.

At the moment, you can continue making use of the labels within the documents to make the search filter a little more functional.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.