Unexpected error returned. Server message: CONFLICT: {{slice}} already exists

Has anyone else ran into this error when trying to push an updated slice model to Prismic? I added a field and changed 2 labels, if that helps pinpoint whats going on.

A few hours later, I have a second slice which was a slice under active development also now in this state where I can't push it to Prismic.

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the Prismic community,

To investigate this, may I have the repository name (in a private message if necessary) to which you are trying to push your Slice?

And it would also be useful to have a code snippet of the custom type you are trying to push.

Looking forward to your reply,
Fares

Well one solution can be to change the local project you are working with, if that is not a solution then you can use the new custom types API to delete the Slice.

I'm still not sure what has provoked the issue, so I will try to gather some more information and get back to you?

The slier is being used for 100+ pages, so deleting it or changing the local project isn't really an option for us right now.

Please let me know if you need any more information from us and we'll get it to you.

Hey @kfite, can you give me your api endpoint, the id of the slice you're trying to update and copy paste its local model here ?