Bold text formatting not shown on live page

hello all!

my team (I'm part of Support) was informed that there's some text that's not bold on a page on our site. when I look at the page, I do indeed see that it's not bold; however, when I look at the document from the backend, it seems to be correctly formatted (based on the wsywig). I've attached a few screenshots showing what I see.

I'm trying to figure out if this is something on our side of things that needs to be fixed or if this is something Prismic would be able to help with. thank you in advance for the help!

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.21.37 PM
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.21.52 PM

Hello, @support-services,

Welcome to the Prismic Forum, and thanks for reaching out to us.

Sometime before, I've also experienced this behavior. Please redo the action with the following steps:

• Select the text, unbold it and select the bold formatting again. Then, save and publish the content.

Give this a try and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,
Priyanka

hi @Priyanka,

thanks for the suggestion. we've tried that previously but will try it again just in case. we've also fully deleted that particular text, re-typed it, and set the formatting brand new without it working.

do you have any other suggestions? let me know if you need any additional details as well!

Then, this issue might be related to the rendering of the Rich text field. You need to confirm with your Development team what method they are applying in the code. There are two methods to render the rich text field:

1.Richtext.render: This method transforms the field into HTML code.

2.RichText.asText: This method will convert and output the text in the Rich Text / Title field as a string.

I assume that your development team is using the RichText.asText method. If this is the case, then you can apply your own CSS. Else apply the Richtext.render method.

Here is a documentation link in React-js. You can find documentation in your technology as well.

Let me know after trying this.

Thanks,

Priyanka

thanks Priyanka! we opted to update our formatting rather than dig in to the root cause (ha) but thank you for your suggestion and hopefully it can be helpful for others who may encounter the issue in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.