Fetch rest of the slices in Graph Query

Hey Prismic team,

I've recently run into an issue fetching nested data within a content relationship field.
It was due to not being able to fetch all the RichText field in a fetch link query, so I had to use a Graph Query instead.

The problem I am facing is that there is no way (at least I don't think there is), to fetch the rest of the slices with something like ...slices.

Here you can see I have fetched the required nested content in a slice, but now it will only return this one slice.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 23.11.08

For now, I have done a temporary solution and added in all the other slices manually.

It would be nice if we could add something like ...slices like we do for the homepage custom type (...homepageFields).

I hope this makes sense! :)

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @louie

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for your feedback.

For the moment, you need to specify each slice name to retrieve them and retrieve different fields related to another document; you need to specify the content relationship name too. I agree with your feedback and added it as a product feature idea, but It's not on our roadmap for the moment.

Thanks,
Priyanka

We have the same issue.
Our project has many slices, having to add them all here is very verbose.

1 Like

Thanks @juan.manuel For raising the point for this feature request.

While working on our project we're having the same issue. Is this feature on the roadmap, if so, when can we expect it to be released?
It would be nice that the graphQuery is not needed at all and that the data of the fields with a content relationship is retrieved automatically.

1 Like

We understand your concerns and want to be transparent with our communications. Please note that the current functionality won't be changed, as each slice must be called individually, and there is no option to call them all with a single node name. Although GraphQuery syntax is similar to GraphQL, it is a separate tool.