How do you set your article image to show as the cover photo in links?

Non-dev here (content writer)

Everytime I try to post an article link onto our company social pages, the preview title and article image revert to what I can only imagine are our defaults.

Is there a way to ensure that the article link shows the article image and title?

Again, I'm not a dev and our dev is very busy so if this has been an issue for anyone before or there are possible areas in Prismic I should be checking I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hi @joelene,

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for sharing your question :slight_smile:

As you suspect, this issue likely requires your developer. There are two possibilities:

1. When your developer set up your Prismic repository, they set a field for preview title and preview image, but they're not obvious.
  2. Your developer has not set those fields, so the fields need to be configured in Prismic and programmed in your website.

If it's the first one, we might be able to figure this out without your developer. Often developers organize Prismic documents using tabs, like in this guide. Check to see if there are any tabs in your document. You can also let me know the name of the repo and the document type you're working with, and I can take a look. (You can send that in a DM if you don't want to share it publicly.)

If that doesn't work, the answer lies with your developer. Either way, your developer is the only one who definitely has the answer.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sam

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.