Prismic-javascript / @prismicio/client version 4 unavailable

Reading your documentation on doing previews for Next.js, you make specific reference to needing 4.0.0 of the @prismicio/client.

Make sure that you are using the latest @prismicio/client v.4.0.0 kit or above.

This is doubly confusing because it would appear you have deprecated the @prismicio/client package or renamed it on NPM/Github to prismic-javascript. And then if you use Yarn/NPM to pull in prismic-javascript, you haven't updated the package registry to use anything above v3.0.2 so it isn't possible.

Perhaps this is intentional because v4 of primsic-javascript looks to have jumped up to TS and that may cause some issues?

In the meantime, I have gotten v4 to work by manually adding the package into my Next repo in /api/prismic. But, if you're project is running as a JS project, you will have to make sure you set Next up for TS support. That's pretty easy - just follow their instructions.

Hi @john1,

Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure I understand what you're describing.

The current kit for doing API queries is @prismicio/client. The package was formerly called prismic-javascript, but the name was changed recently.

@prismicio/client v4.0.0 is available here on NPM:

You can install it via npm and Yarn:

# npm
npm i @prismicio/client

# Yarn
yarn add @prismicio/client

The package is still called prismic-javascript on GitHub.

Are you seeing references to prismic-javascript in any of our examples, themes, or documentation? We changed all of the references last month, but it's possible that we missed some.

Sam

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.