PrismicError: No documents were returned - error in getByUID?

Hello there!

Since I have switched my dynamic pages to getServerSideProps I have a 403 error on all my dynamic pages [uid] in the console, but they can still be displayed in the front:

example /page/[uid]:

import React from "react";
import Head from "next/head";

import { SliceZone } from "@prismicio/react";
import * as prismicH from "@prismicio/helpers";

import { createClient } from "../prismicio";
import { components } from "../slices";

const Page = ({ page, navigation, settings }) => {
  return <SliceZone slices={page.data.slices} components={components} />;
};

export default Page;

export async function getServerSideProps({ params, previewData }) {
  const client = createClient({ previewData });

const page = await client.getByUID("pillar_page", params.uid);

return {
    props: {
      page,
    },
  };
}

The error :

error - PrismicError: No documents were returned
at Client.getFirst (file:///Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/@prismicio/client/dist/index.js:328:11)
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at async Client.getByUID (file:///Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/@prismicio/client/dist/index.js:368:12)
at async getServerSideProps (webpack-internal:///./pages/[uid].js:54:18)
at async Object.renderToHTML (/Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/next/dist/server/render.js:508:20)
at async doRender (/Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/next/dist/server/base-server.js:669:38)
at async cacheEntry.responseCache.get.isManualRevalidate.isManualRevalidate (/Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/next/dist/server/base-server.js:778:28)
at async /Users/marving/code/data-jobs/node_modules/next/dist/server/response-cache/index.js:80:36 {
url: 'https://dataaijobs.prismic.io/api/v2/documents/search?q=[[at(document.type%2C+"pillar_page")]]&q=[[at(my.pillar_page.uid%2C+"robots.txt")]]&pageSize=1&ref=Y2MxCREAAF5wK0QN&routes=[{"type"%3A"blog_homepage"%2C"path"%3A"%2Fblog"}%2C{"type"%3A"blog_post"%2C"path"%3A"%2Fblog%2F%3Auid"}%2C{"type"%3A"pillar_page"%2C"path"%3A"%2F%3Auid"}]',
response: undefined,
page: '/[uid]'

Hey @Marving, you mentioned the front was working ok. Could you tell us at what moment you start seeing this error?

When you say switched, did you switch from getStaticProps() ? I wonder about the build vs runtime difference - perhaps the built version has the content, but the runtime fails for some reason, which is why it is rendering on the front end, and creating that error in the console? I hope I don't have that backwards...

Hello, thank you for your replies!

I moved back to the recommended getStaticProps & getStaticPaths and it worked like a charm!

2 Likes