Acces images using the reference

Hello, I'm new to Prismic and I'm having trouble figuring out how to access images in my media library through a url like this one.

https://images.prismic.io/your-repo-name/cbd5772b-075e-4754-8e3a-d39810c4ff4f_image-name.jpg?auto=compress,format

What I've seen so far is that I have to create a document, embed the image and publish it, then I get a url that I can use to alter the image using the options from imgix. My question is.

1. Is it possible to access any image in my media library using this url without creating a document for each one? If so, how is the image reference generated? I see it is composed of an id and the name of the image.

Thanks!

Hello Pablo,

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

This image URL was generated after uploading images in the documents. It's impossible to access any image in my media library using this URL. I would like to understand your use case. Why do you want to access images with these URL's?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello Priyanka, thanks for the answer!.

I am developing a mobile app and I'm interested in the resizing and compression capabilities that your service offers. I need the images to be dynamic because they are tied to the device resolution. That's why I'm asking if there's a way to get the urls to access the images directly.

Also, is there a way to upload images through an API?? I've read about the Import/Export tool but it doesn't match my use case.

Hello Pablo, Unfortunately, there is no way to upload images through API as Prismic doesn't have write API.