Automatically configure different Image views in Rich Text field

One more thing, It will be amazing if the image inside a StructuredText is made configurable so that we can have images for different screen resolutions, not just a single image. :pray:

1 Like

Hi Harrison,

I agree this would be really useful, so Iā€™m going to mark this as a feature request so the @features-team can see this and consider implementing it in the future.

The easiest way to do this now is using the HTMLSerializer. Since you receive the full image from the Imgix CDN and you can create logic where we parse the image in the rich text field to set views for different size images by passing the different image sizes to the URL string. Then depending on the screen size show whichever image is relevant.

This way your image views will always be automatically set for every image added in the rich text field. Let me know if this makes sense of if you need me to send you a full example.

If/When the team has any updates about changes to this behaviour in the rich text field, they will update you here.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.