Can't remove or change Ordered or Unordered Lists in Rich Text widget

If I make certain items as list they cannot be changed back to paragraphs, other list type or cleared. Neither clear, list buttons or text type controls are working on selection

Browser: latest Chrome

Hello,

Welcome to the Prismic Forum and thanks for reaching out to us.

Your question is about changing the list back into a paragraph in the richtext component. I tested converting the list (ordered or unordered) into a paragraph in my repository and it's converting. It would be great if you can send a video of the issue so I can take a look.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Have a look at the video. This has also been reported by other users in our team

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this screenshot.

This is happening because you are converting all of them together. When we make an ordered or unordered list in the rich text editor, you press enter for the new list, and the rich text editor converts it into a new HTML element and in this case, in the new list tag. For reverting it in paragraph element or any other rich text component you need to select an individual list.

I hope it works for you. Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka, I see what you are saying, however this can be quite tedious for long lists. I think it's a reasonable expectation for these controls to work conventionally, just like in any other rich text editors.

At the very least "Clean" button should work in this scenario, - is that agreeable?

Hello @dmytrob,

I totally understand your point and it's quite tedious for long lists. I like your idea about "clear" button in the rich text editor so I'll pass this to our @features-team as a feature request.

Thanks,
Priyanka

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.