CORS issue when splitting ids to chunks

Dear Community,

I am using Angular with Apollo Graphql and uses PrismicLink from apollo-link-prismic. Currently the API call looks like below and works fine

const resultt = await this.apollo.query<any>({
query: GET_Something,
  variables: {
    ids,
  }
}).toPromise();

of(resultt)
  .pipe(...)

Now there is a limitation of 20 documents/nodes per query. To overcome this limit, I am chunking the id's . This works fine when used in a backend (node) environment. But when used from the frontend, it throws CORS error. The code change is as below

const ids = [<more_than_20_ids>];
const chunks = createChunks(ids, 20);
for (const chunk of chunks) {
   const resultt = await this.apollo.query<any>({
     query: GET_Something,
     variables: {
      chunk,
     }
   }).toPromise();
}

Just the change to this and I can see the below error in console. In fact adding a for loop for two different sets of id's causes the cors issue. So trying something like below can also produce the same error

const ids = [[
], [
]];
for (const id of ids) {

Access to fetch at '....' from origin 'http://localhost:4200' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access- 
Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your 
needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

Please note: I don't need pagination and things. I just want to get all items for all the provided ids.

What is the issue and how to resolve it?

Hi @vindian ,

Thanks for sharing this question! CORS issues are often very tricky to debug. I can try to help you out, but I'll need to recreate the issue. Could you share with me your files and precise instructions to get the same error? (You can send me your files in a DM.)

Sam

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.