Could not find a component for Slice type “xxxx". Need help debugging please

Hi

I'm new to Prismic and relatively new to Nextjs too. I'm looking for some advice about how to debug this issue

I'm using the skyward-digital/next-starter-prismic. Everything in both local Slicemachine & the Prismic "cloud" side of things seems to be operating as expected.

Any help suggesting where I might look to narrow down the problem would be much appreciated.

thanks
Mitch

1 Like

Hey @mitch, are you making sure the project has the latest version of Slice Machine?
You can upgrade it using: yarn add slice-machine-ui@latest

1 Like

Hey Mitch, I bet Dan Spratling might have some insight as this looks like his work.

Any thoughts @dan?

Hey @mitch!

I have a couple of guesses, but it'd be helpful to see the code you're working with

1. Are you creating slices inside slices/general or slices/blog? Any other folders (including just slices) will need to be linked up in sm.json
  2. If you're following the pattern we've set in the slices/blog slice files, have you made sure you've updated the componentMap in slices/general/idojoHero/index.js so that it's correctly pulling in the components you're using? (see one of the blog slices on how this works)

If it's neither of those, I'll probably need further pointers to help figure out what's going wrong!

2 Likes

Hey all, I'm getting the same warning with a fresh and clean Nuxt 2 + latest SliceMachine and Node 16.

I've created a few slices, added to custom types, created content and I just get these warnings and Slices are not loaded. I'm using default library location (@/slices) and it's set up correctly in sm.json.

It's a bit frustrating since I did this like 30 times and never got this error, but I spent 2 days trying things and searching for some information and there is nothing about this, only this post.

Hope someone can help me, thank you in advance!

Hello @cerrutti,

Welcome to Prismic community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I am using a project that has the same exact setup on my end and everything works fine.

Can you provide me with more information or the codebase in a zip file or git repository so I can debug and provide assistance?

Best regards,
Racheal.