Prismic API references a `xyz_type` that could not be matched by the SliceZone. Did you register libraries path correctly?

Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right place to ask this questions…

I’ve followed the Getting Started tutorial on Slicemachine.dev and i have come to this problem:

"xyz_test error
Prismic API references a slice_type that could not be matched by the SliceZone.
Did you register libraries path correctly?

If you did, make sure this slice_type can be matched with one of your components."

When I run prismic sm --list in the console it lists the slice correctly so I am not sure what is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @ilie, I’ve seen this before as well. The way I managed to fix it was by stopping my local deployment and starting it back up again: npm run dev

After that, it recognized the new slice and everything worked as expected.

Hi @levi ,

Thanks for the quick answer. I’ve done that several times in the process but could not get it to work :-/

Any other thoughts of ideas of where I could look to investigate?

Thanks,
Ilie

Hmmm, I’m not sure.

@Phil, do you have any ideas?

Was the Slice successfully created in the Custom Type in your Prismic repo?

I am not sure how to answer this question because it’s not 100% clear how this is supposed to work:

• ‘no’ the slice is not visible in the list of content types (here https://xyz.prismic.io/masks/)
  • ‘yes’ the slices in the slice selector within the content type that I chose during the creation of the slices in the CLI

Hey @ilie,

Did you create your slice with the --create-slice command? If yes could you share with us the name of your Slice ? Basically the name of the js file created, the folder and the model.json created ?

Thanks