Dynamically filter options for one select based off another

Hey guys,
How can I dynamically filter the options for one select based off the selection of a previous one e.g. I have 2 selects. One is "Country" and the other one is "City". So if I choose the country Sweden, the options for the "City" select should only include options relevant to Sweden e.g. "Stockholm" etc.
How can I implement something like this in Prismic? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @thrivepro.agency. Unfortunately Prismic doesn’t have this sort of functionality, so I will let the @features-team know about this and we will add this to our feature request tracker as a possible improvement for the future. We don’t have any plans to work on this right now, but we will let you know here if that changes at any point.

The only workarounds I can think of would be to:

1. Have the select fields contain all countries and all cities
  2. Use a Slice Zone. You would create a Slice for each country then add the dropdown for that country’s cities in the Slice. Selecting a country would be less than ideal and you would be able to select more than one country, but this is the only other option I could think of.

Thanks for the heads up Levi. I’ll see how to go about it.

Regards,
Mark.

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.