Finding a way to bulk import/export with linking alternate_languages

Hi guys,
I am currently having hundreds of translated document in json file format that need to be imported into prismic via prismic settings under import. I am wondering is there a way to import those with linking alternate_languages settings? What would be a good approach to associate them i.e. having relevant data under alternate_languages in REST API Calls.

Thanks,
Pat

2 Likes

Hello @patrickzsy, the only option I can think could be feasible would be to have the same UID shared between translations. But this is not always a real use case.

HI @Pau ,
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean having the same UID in different language will result showing the extra field alternate_languages? Unfortunately the translated articles are having the translated slug value for now :frowning:

No, the alternate_languages exist in the metadata of each document, and the slug field is a deprecated node from the API

Thank @Pau,
Would you mind to elaborate this a bit more with an example if possible? Thanks!

the only option I can think could be feasible would be to have the same UID shared between translations

We don't have a concrete Import/Export example. But rather this functionality of creating links between translations is something that you will have to create outside of Prismic's functionality. Since the exported documents lose connection outside the repository. The same thing happens with the Content Relationship fields.