Getting more fields in alternate_languages

Hi,
I'm wondering if it's possible to get more fields from documents that are referenced in arternate_languages. Right know there is only 4 fields: id, uid, type and lang. We use this data to create alternate links in section with hrefLang attribute. The problem is that there are cases when we don't want to expose links to some documents. Inside of our documents we created a field robots and based on that we build meta robots directive for a rendered page. If a document from alternate_languages has noindex value in its robots field it should not be linked in hrefLang section.

I tried using fetchLinks=content.robots in requests to Prismic, but apparently alternate_languages are not considered linked documents and it didn't work. We can get robots fields from those document with another request to Prismic but we would rather like to get all the data with a single request. Is this possible.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @marek.idec

Thanks for this question to us.

There isn’t any way to retrieve any extra data for the alternate_languages documents.

I will let the @features-team know about this and I will add this to our feature request tracker as possible improvements. We don’t have any plans to work on this right now, but I will let you know here if I get any updates on the same.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Thank you, @Priyanka . I think this feature might be useful for others too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.