How do I indent the first word in a paragraph?

The prismic editor does not accept the tab character so I assume I need to add it in the htmlSerializer somehow.

Hey @lis.rizvanolli,

Thanks for posting this question, and welcome to the Prismic community :slight_smile:

The Prismic editor does accept tab characters, but the tab key doesn't work because it moves the cursor to the next field.

Here's what a tab looks like in the API response:

To insert a tab character, you could copy-paste your text into the field. Alternatively, you could configure an auto-replace in your keyboard settings to insert tabs as needed. This is what that might look like on a Mac:

Having said that, there are good reasons to indent using CSS. It gives you more control over where and how you want to indent your text. I think that the best way to do this is with CSS's ::first-letter pseudo-selector. Here's an example.

Finally, if you want more fine-grained control, you could use Custom Labels to add styling to specific text spans.

Let me know if you want more info about any of these options. I hope this is helpful :slight_smile:

Best,
Sam

1 Like

This issue has been closed as it has been fixed, Flag if it is not the case for you to reopen.