Can't change text colour in editor

Hello,
We are trying to migrate one of our website from wordpress to prsmic. One of the pain point at the moment is writing the content using the default editor provided by prismic (please find the attached screenshot for the reference).

Here we don't have an option to change the colour of the text which is really annoying because this is one of the common uses within our editors.

Is there any way i can enhance the current editor options with colour etc...

Hello @todeepthydon

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

I understand that the Rich Text field doesn't have these formatting options, and we have been already tracking it as a feature request, but I don't have any ETA.

My colleague in another thread suggests a workaround:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello @Priyanka : Thanks for the reply.
I will definitely try & share the feedback.

1 Like

@Priyanka : We tried the option you suggested in the above thread & it's not really helping us in terms of expected usage.

For example to make it precise, i have a rich text box content & need to make first word of the text in red color the above mentioned proposed solution won't help.

Hope my understanding is correct ?

Hello @todeepthydon

Styling isn't handled in Prismic. The workaround I suggested above to add labels to Rich Text field content is the only option for the Rich Text editor. You have to handle it on the frontend after adding Rich Text labels.

What issue are you getting with the workaround? Are you a developer? You might need a developer to implement it on Frontend.

Thanks,
Priyanka

@Priyanka : Yes i am a developer. To make it more precise here, i have added a title with labels as right-align and center-align which is working fine. However how to provide the color here. Because the expectation is editor has to select the color based on their need

"test_title" : {
  "type" : "StructuredText",
  "config" : {
    "single" : "paragraph",
    "label" : "test_title",
    "placeholder" : "This is a test title",
    "labels" : [ "right-align", "center-align" ]
  }
}

@todeepthydon Great. That's a way to add labels to the Rich Text content. But as I mentioned earlier, you could not style in the Prismic editor. Prismic kits render a custom label as a <span> with a label as a class name on the front, and you need to apply CSS to this classname.

I hope it answers your questions. Let me know if you've any further questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka