Is it possible to integrate Slice Machine inside a Legacy project?

I'd like to create a new custom type and put new slices in it using Slice Machine while keeping the rest of the project on the legacy builder. The project doesn't have integrated Slice Machine at the moment.

Is this possible at the moment or do I have to keep building with the legacy setup?

Hey @kris1,

We have a tool to updgrade your repository to Slice Machine:

https://prismic.io/blog/upgrade-to-slicemachine-easily

You can eable the upgrader tool by running Slice Machine and opening localhost:9999/labs.

Sam

Hey @samlittlefair, would this keep the old custom types/slices the way they are or do I need to migrate them as well in order to use slice machine for a new custom type?

Hey @kris1,

You should be able to migrate types and slices incrementally.

However, having said that, you might want to use the Types API and the Migration API to create a duplicate of your repository and test the process first. The slice upgrader is still in beta.

Sam

Thanks @samlittlefair! I'm not sure if I'm communicating my question correctly. Is it possible to add a brand new custom type + brand new slices via Slice Machine while keeping legacy custom types + legacy slices intact?

Hey @kris1,

I understand the question! I believe it's possible. I could double check for you, but I'm out of office until next week, so I won't get back to you until Monday.

Sam