Losing image quality for png images

@Phil you're right, without any params the image looks fine. I was just removing the compress but not the format. With no any extra params then the image looks ok.

I understand the reasoning to set the compression as default but the compression applied at least to my image makes a big difference in terms on the image quality and it does not look good. It'd be great if the API would allow us to tweak this based on needs without having to manually strip them out from the url

Yes, I think that's a nice idea. I've added this to the feature request tracker. If the team ever considers this they'll reach out here, but for the moment this is not being worked on.

1 Like

Hi! I've been working for a design agency since last spring, where image quality has a huge impact on projects restitutions for our clients and visitors, but wasn't able to find any solutions to this situation until I bumped into this article. Since then, was a workaround been found or set up by the Prismic team ?
Best regards!

Hello @Flo, Imgix allows you to apply any image transformations you need to our images:

Also, Phil provided a setup before that allows you to have small file sizes with high-quality resolution in PNG files. Hope you find this useful