Nuxt 3 Project & Content Types

Hi,

I'm probably going to be starting a project very shortly and I've seen that your nuxt 3 plugin is still in RC. I'm wondering how close that plugin is to flipping to production (more so the integration with slice machine).

Also what is the best way to setup a new nuxt 3 project around creating content types and slices? Do I switch on legacy builder or should I be creating my types via the API? This is one of the more confusing parts of the documentation around nuxt 3 & prismic.

Thanks!

Hello @jbeck :slightly_smiling_face:,

Welcome to Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

Yeah, Nuxt 3 is still in RC. The team is still working on it, and you will be updated when there's a stable release.

You can follow this docs on how to set up Nuxt 3 with Prismic.

• You can use the Legacy Builder.
  • You can use Slice Machine on your project, but you may have to hack through for now since the team is still working on releasing a stable version.

Cheers,
Racheal.

I'm very interested in this too.
Looking forward to using Prismic with Nuxt 3.

1 Like

Hi Racheal, when you say hack... Is there like a doc or a link to where we can see how to implement this hack?
The issue I have at the moment is that If I start this project with legacy builder, I won't be able to switch to slice machine when it's ready - so I would really love to start my project with slice machine, even if I have to hack it, and simply update it when the stable version has been shipped.

Thanks

Hello @jbeck @adrianparr @zoe_steve,

We have just released Slice Machine 1.0.0, which supports Nuxt 3 and better support for Nuxt 2.

Here is a link to the changelog: Release 1.0.0 · prismicio/slice-machine · GitHub

Our Nuxt 3 docs is currently in review, and you'll be updated when it's done. But using the Nuxt 2 docs with a Nuxt 3 project should get you in the same place.

Cheers,
Racheal.

Thanks for keeping us updated Racheal.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Our Nuxt 3 docs are published :partying_face: :tada:

Here is a link to the docs: Install Prismic with Nuxt 3 - Documentation - Prismic

Cheers,
Racheal.