Preview mode hangs/timing out (preview token expires?)

Good day,

We have a known issue with Prismic's preview that we can't wrap our head around.

I've opened an issue here: Preview mode timing out (UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning) · Issue #132 · prismicio/prismic-javascript · GitHub — Alas no solution so far.

I'm not sure if this is a JS (frontend) or Node (backend) problem (we use Express), but it seems that when a preview token expires (let say I was in preview mode and comeback a week later on our website), the site hangs indefinitely. The solution so far is to ask my team to clear the "Application data" in Chrome, which I think clear the expired preview token.

In the GitHub issue I pasted all the code related to this, let me know if you need anything else on my end.

Here's the error report in Sentry:

Thank you!

Hey @allaire,

Welcome to the Prismic Community Forum. Thanks for posting this question. I've submitted a request to our dev team to look into it. I'll let you know what happens next.

Sam

1 Like

Any update @samlittlefair ?

Thank you

Hey @allaire,

Thanks for checking in. I've spoken to our dev team about this, and they're looking into it. If I don't hear anything back from them this week, I'll follow up on Monday and let you know what they say :slight_smile:

Sam

1 Like