Rich Text seems broken

Hello,

I'm currently facing multiple highly blocking issues with the Rich Text field. For some of them I'm not sure if it is the expected behavior or a bug, but hope someone can help me solving those issues:

• I can't have different headings, the option always apply to all the content
  • I can't have a paragraph and a list, the list option always apply to all the content, so everything is put in a list
  • I can't add an image, the option seems to do nothing
  • I can't add an embed, the option seems to do nothing

I made a screen record for a better comprehension of the issue. (Same behavior if using RichText within a slice)

Hey @allan_leonard ,

Thanks for posting this question. I think the problem is that you have unchecked "Allow multiple paragraphs" in the Rich Text field configuration.

Then, I would guess that in the text editor, you're using a line feed (shift + enter) instead of a carriage return (enter) to create a line break. A line feed doesn't create a new paragraph; it creates a line break within the same paragraph, so the styles are applied to everything.

Regarding the error with embeds and images, I would guess that they only work with "Allow multiple paragraphs," but I'd have to check with our product team. I'll get back to you on that :slight_smile:

I hope this helps. Let me know if enabling "multiple paragraphs" changes things.

Sam

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.