Slice machine custom screenshots not updating

When I create a new one Slice or if I rename it, yes the new image is generated.
It just seem impossible to update the image once the Slice is pushed to Prismic.

Is that on newly created Slices too or just on this one older Slice? I believe the issue at the time was the encoding of the preview images.

On both ! I try to create a new Slice form scratch, but from the moment I push it to Prismic, it is impossible to update the preview image (with screenshot functionnality as well as custom preview img).
By the way, will it be possible to rename/delete Slice via prismic-cli in the futur ?

OK, I'll pass this to the team to try and debug. Can you send me the URL of your repo?

Yes the team has planned to work in the current sprint to enabled deletions and updates etc.

Although for now you can use the Custom Types API to perform those actions:

This postman collection might help with testing that API:

1 Like

Here is my repo :
https://academiepotagere-com.prismic.io/

Thanks for the doc, I will look into it.

Thanks I've passed this to the team.

8 posts were split to a new topic: [Fix Waiting to be deployed] Unable to save document when Slice is empty

So for the error with updating the images from within Slice Machine, Hugo thought he had included the fix in slice-machine-ui 0.0.44, he will push this fix with 0.0.45 in a couple of hours (After lunch :hamburger: :joy:).

@juskeviciusarn You tried to upload the new Slice from Slice Machine or using the Custom Types API?

@lejardindesfunambule @juskeviciusarn ,

Hugo pushed the update, if you update to slice-machine-ui 0.0.45 , it should allow you to update the preview images.

2 Likes

I have updated slice-machine-ui to 0.0.45 and now it work like expected. Thanks a lot ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.