Slice Machine in Next.js example, using WSL2 (Windows)

I'm trying to implement Prismic into our platform, and trying to see if it's viable to use the Slice Machine in production for our marketing page.

However - I'm having a lot of trouble setting it up in our environment (WSL2). As of right now I'm getting this in the console of the "prismic sm --develop" terminal:

[slice-machine] [update]: generating mocks

[slice-machine] [update]: generating screenshot preview

[slice-machine] [update]: checking Storybook url

[slice-machine] [update]: generating screenshot preview

[slice-machine] (node:3969) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to launch the browser process!
/home/ecres/personal-dev/ec-slices/node_modules/puppeteer/.local-chromium/linux-818858/chrome-linux/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxkbcommon.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

TROUBLESHOOTING: https://github.com/puppeteer/puppeteer/blob/main/docs/troubleshooting.md

at onClose (/home/ecres/personal-dev/ec-slices/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/cjs/puppeteer/node/BrowserRunner.js:193:20)
at Interface.<anonymous> (/home/ecres/personal-dev/ec-slices/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/cjs/puppeteer/node/BrowserRunner.js:183:68)
at Interface.emit (events.js:327:22)
at Interface.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
at Interface.close (readline.js:424:8)
at Socket.onend (readline.js:202:10)
at Socket.emit (events.js:327:22)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)

[slice-machine] (node:3969) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:3969) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Any insight?

UPDATE:

I got it to run, it had nothing to do with WSL2. The problem was that prismic sm --setup does not install storybook as a dev dependency. The Prismic Slice Machine NextJS docs imply that it does, but you still have to add:

"devDependencies": {
"@storybook/react": "^6.2.9", ...}

Also had to add to devDependencies:

"devDependencies": {
"babel-plugin-react-require": "^3.1.3", ...}

Just putting it out there in case someone is stuck in the same problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.