URL is live on blog even after deleting/archiving the aticle

A co-worker of mine create an article as a test, and subsequently deleted it. However, it didn't disappear from our live page.
I have tried creating another article, with the same UID and archiving it, as you can see below.

However, it still appears on the live website.

Note that we are on incognito mode, and not logged into prismic.

I am unsure how to proceed, and would appreciate some help!

Hello @lucas

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

We had already discussed this issue before and addressed it in the following thread:
https://community.prismic.io/t/when-does-cache-expire-uid-history/874/2

Please check my colleague Levi's response and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hey @Priyanka

I did as instructed on Error: This value is already used by another document

Issue is -- 0 documents show with slug "test", even so, "test" article still lives on the blog.

Second screenshot is a test to troubleshoot, I can find another article w/ slug.
The test slug however doesnt seem to exist

Hello @lucas,

I apologize for the late response. I was out of the office last week.

I have checked your repository and found that you don't have any test UID documents, so API is returning 0 documents which is correct because you already have removed, & unlocked an old UID value from a document. The URL is still live with this UID means we save all the previous UID values of a given document so that your old links won’t be broken on your site when you change a UID value.
Setup a rerouting system (recommended)
For this, you need to make a check in your routing system. If the UID used isn’t the current UID value, something like this:

if (uid !== document.uid)

Then redirect to the url that uses the current UID.

This will ensure that old links aren’t broken and that all old links will redirect to the current one.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka