404ing on `prismic sm --pull` (/customtypes endpoint)

Hey, everyone!

I'm playing around with the SliceMachine, and I'm getting 404s for some of my Prismic repositories (but not all) with the new --pull command. On a lark, I just tested it out with both manually created and CLI-created repositories, and it doesn't seem to matter how they were created. I've already tried logging in/logging out through the CLI commands, but it doesn't fix the problem (and the ~/.prismic "cookies" value is indeed changing).

Here's the actual stack trace, but I'm thinking it's an account-specific thing?

prismic sm --pull

ERROR  [fetch] An unexpected (404) Error occured.                                                                                                                                                                                      10:14:17
Url: https://fakerepository.prismic.io/customtypes?withSlices=true

Url: https://fakerepository.prismic.io/customtypes?withSlices=true
  at Request._callback (node_modules/prismic-cli/bin/services/communication/index.js:131:16)
  at Request.self.callback (node_modules/prismic-cli/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)
  at Request.emit (events.js:210:5)
  at Request.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:475:20)
  at Request.<anonymous> (node_modules/prismic-cli/node_modules/request/request.js:1163:10)
  at Request.emit (events.js:210:5)
  at Request.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:475:20)
  at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (node_modules/prismic-cli/node_modules/request/request.js:1085:12)
  at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:299:28)
  at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:215:7)

Does anyone have any idea as to what's going on and how I can resolve this? Also, I'm not sure if it's relevant, but some repositories are on the Medium plan while others are on the Free plan.

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the community!

Can you tell me what version of the the prismic-cli you’re using?

Thanks for the welcome and the response, Phil! I’m using prismic-cli 3.8.0-beta.0. Let me know if you need any other information!

Thanks I’ll check with the team to see what I can figure out.

1 Like

OK, got it haha https://fakerepository.prismic.io doesn’t exist.

Thanks, I removed your URL’s from the thread for your privacy. I’ll check this with the team.

Thanks! I can also share the other repositories I’m using for production in a DM or something – these are the more important ones to get working. :slight_smile:

OK so your repository getting the 404 isn't on a Slice Machine group which is why you're getting a 404. I can move that repo to Slice Machine? (This will work fine with integration fields)

For anyone who needs this in the future, you can request this change as described here:

Hey, Phil! I’m not using integration fields on these, but is there a possibility of anything else breaking if we move the repository to the Slice Machine group? If not, I can send you the actual repositories in a private message.

The other thing would be any repo’s using the environments feature. I can test it by moving one less risky repo for you now to see if anything changes?

Sounds good – I’ll send you a development repository now.

1 Like

NOTE: This command has now been deprecated and replaced by the Push feature in Slice Machine: