Bring Slice Machine to Gatsby, Next, Svelt, etc

Today the tool and components are built with Nuxt / Vue. This section is where you can discuss support for other frameworks.

We are currently developing support for Gatsby / React version. So reach out if you have any questions about our support for that or any other modern frameworks :slight_smile:

The feature is amazing!!!
When will released Gatsby support for it?

1 Like

Yeah ! it’s possible to help ?

Hey Team,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome, both of you, to the community!

We've posted some updated info about contributing in these first steps for Slice Machine:

Thanks again.

This issue has been closed due to inactivity.

An update here, we developed a Next.js integration at the time mentioned here instead.

Follow updates of what will happen with Gatsby here:

Is Slice Machine in fact implemented for Svelte? There are mixed signals in your documentation about what frameworks it’s available in.

Hello @fuzenco

For the moment, Slice Machine is only compatible with Next.js and Nuxt.js projects.
Next.js docs: Prismic and Next.js Overview - Prismic
Nuxt.js docs: Get Started with Nuxt - Prismic
Core concept documention: What Is Slice Machine? - Prismic

If there is something new implementation, we'll be sure to announce it on all our communication platforms.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Priyanka

1 Like

Hi,

Depending on this page, you have added Svelte as an available framework. Are there any news about Gatsby, knowing that the new page builder is now available on our Prismic dashboard?

Thanks for your answer!

Hi @pierre ,

I am not a Prismic representative or employee, so I am speaking as a fellow user like you.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on Prismic not supporting Gatsby + Slicemachine. The "evidence" to support my claim can be seen here.

I have moved multiple sites from Gatsby so that I can enjoy Slicemachine.

Hi @nf_mastroianni

Thank you for your answer. However, I'm unable to understand the point to add the new Page Builder if there is no way to use it with every features we could. Unless I'm wrong, we need the Slice Machine to use the Live Preview features on the document editor, so if we keep using Gatsby, we won't be able to use 100% of the features ?

For now we don't want to move to Next or something else, but we would like to have a better content editing xp in spite of that. Hope the Prismic team can try to solve those issues for Gatsby (and other unavailable frameworks) too.

I can relate to your sentiment @pierre . When I found Slicemachine and saw it wasn't an option for me and Gatsby, I was very bummed. Bummed enough to make the switch. :laughing:

I can also see it from the point of view of what a task it would be try to support every framework that people want to use. I see that people who are not able to use slice-simulator have requested to be rolled back to the legacy editor. This might be your "solution" until you can make the switch to a supported framework.

Yes, maybe we could roll back but let's see if anyone of Prismic team sees those messages before! :smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys,

So yes, Gatsby won't be supported in Slice Machine. This is a decision based on the declining user base of Gatsby and they're own migration of users to Netlify.

If you're a Gatsby user and want to move to the legacy builder, you can request it here:
https://prismic.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Thanks.

2 Likes