BUG - New posts cause my credentials to stop working

I've got a very annoying issue with Prismic. Every time I publish new content, my credentials stop working for my application, resulting in 403 errors. This is very frustrating because I keep having to generate new credentials and deploying them in my application to bring it back online each and every time I publish new content. This is crazy!

Steps to reproduce:
Create a new item, publish it.

Expected outcome:
New content is accessible in my application (by calling the Prismic API using existing credentials)

Actual outcome:
API credentials stop working, 403 error encountered when accessing API. New API credentials need to be created in the dashboard in order for the new content to be accessible via the API.

Can someone please advise? Thanks in advance

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the Prismic community,

I will try to debug this issue without you.

In order to do so, I would need to have your repository name (you can share it in a private message if necessary).

In fact, we didn't face such an issue before, as far as I know, but it will be great if you can list the error you are getting here.

Looking forward to your reply,
Fares

Hi Fares

I've narrowed down the issue a little bit more. What appears to happen is when I publish a new item, accessing any item from the API results in a 403 error, which persists for around 10 minutes or so, then starts working again. I noticed this as my usual method of just creating new credentials didn't work either.

My repository is called: tides-today

Awesome, can you please share also the full error message that you are getting?

Absolutely. I'll be publishing new content later today so will provide full steps and screen shots with that.

1 Like

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. Flag to reopen.