Camel Case fields

Feature Idea (one per thread):
Prismic lets you modify the autogenerated field id,

But it does not let you capitalize any letters. This is quite bizarre. I have used numerous CMS's and I've never encountered such a restriction.

Issue that it solves:
It is extremely common in the JS landscape to use camel case. Prismic's default naming strategy (& inability to use capital letters) makes it impossible to enforce a single case style in our codebase. It would be great if Prismic didn't make this arbitrary restriction on code style.

3 Likes

Hello @itsjoekent, thanks for the feedback. I'll add your idea to the feature request tracker.

1 Like

Hi. I'm in a similar situation where I need to update my custom fields, and we already have camelcase when we intitally set up our prismic custom pages.
Now we can't update the field without introducing different/mixed naming conventions for our code base.

What's the ETA on this feature? Obviously it's been possible before.

Hey team, this is now possible if your project uses Slice Machine. Please note that is important not to mix the usage of the Legacy Builder and Slice Machine on the same repository/project as this may cause conflicts.

@Pau can you point me to the docs for this? I am evaluating Prismic for our team but can't find docs on this subject.

Hey @Thom801, What docs do you specifically need?