CamelCase named fields are missing in GraphQL explorer and introspection

We are consistently experiencing the issue when fields defined in our content types, both in Slices and regular ones, are missing from GraphQL introspection result and GraphQL explorer. We tried publishing pages after changes, saving, resaving with no success.

GraphQL is not very useful without the schema/introspection and this kind of inconsistent behavior makes GraphQL implementation not reliable.

EDIT: After reading other topics I verified that missing fields are indeed using "camelCase". Is there any reasoning behind "camelCase" fields names not being supported in GraphQL and dropped silently? We have already a bunch of content published under the type, so we can't really change the field names. Are there any plans to address this issue?

2 Likes

Hi Dmytro,

Thanks for contributing to the Prismic community.
I will try to reproduce this issue on my side and it would be great if you can share with us an example of some fields that are being dropped.

Also, it will be great if you can share with us your repository name (in a private message if necessary).

Best,
Fares

Thanks for your DM, I've created an issue in our tracker and we will let you in case of any updates.

Meanwhile, we advise our clients to use snake_case instead.

Any updates on the issue? Kinda weird that the industry standard GraphQL naming convention is not only not encouraged, but completely broken!

Hi,

Thank you for following with us about this issue. I agree with you, in fact, fixing this issue touches the API where it can break some client's implementation.

So this fix will be applied when GraphQL will be released out of Beta, currently, we don't have a fixed ETA of this fix to communicate publically,

Fares

@Fares Do you know when GraphQL will be released from Beta. This fix is very important for my team.

Hi Kristleifur,

Still, we don't have a fixed ETA, I will bring this up in our OP sync meeting and will let you know if I get any info.

1 Like