Change Prismic Dashboard Language

Hi,

I'm French and my clients aren't always fluent in English (rarely, really). I've written a little manual so they don't get lost but it'd be nice to be able to directly translate the Prismic interface !

Is it planned at some point ? :slight_smile:

Thanks !

3 Likes

Hey Florent!

Adding translations for the writing room is not something we plan on adding in the near future, if we release a feature that is related to it we will announce it here in the forum.

For the moment we recommend you use the Google chrome translator plugin. It works with all pages in Prismic :wink:

What we do support at the moment are multi languages on all repositories. You can create translations for all of your documents.

Hi @Pau,

Is there any plan for this feature?
It would be one of the top 5 features that I need for all my clients, it's not professional to tell them to install a plugin in their browsers.

Thank you.

Hey @cerrutti. Thank you for your feedback.

Prismic focuses on providing a robust content management system that enables efficient content organization and delivery, the infrastructure for you to manage and structure your content, including the ability to add different languages for your documents.

However, the actual translation of content is typically done externally by professional translators or by the content creators/editors themselves. Prismic for the moment is not designed to be a translation tool. It is similar to other content-related tasks, such as image editing or grammar checking, which are separate processes from the core Prismic platform.

Hey @Pau ,

I don't really know if we are talking about the same feature.
I don't want a translation tool inside Prismic Dashboard, just the Dashboard in any other language than English. 90% of my clients speaks Spanish, so some of them are struggling to use Prismic Dashboard since it's all in English. I really think this is a very important feature for all we are not in English speaking countries, only 20% of the worldwide population understand English.

Thank you!

Thank you for providing clarification @cerrutti. I understand now. It makes sense that having the Prismic UI available in multiple languages would greatly benefit the user experience.

I will pass on your feedback to the product team. While I don't have immediate information on plans for implementing this, all feedback is be taken into consideration for future improvements.

1 Like