Translation / To Translate dropdown

Hi all, in the past there was a button where you could filter on the "To Translate" documents.
It is still in the docs Navigate Languages and Copy Content - Guides - Prismic

But I cannot find it anymore. FYI: I'm looking as an administrator at a payed repository.

Also took al look at the progress page; What's new - Prismic cannot see that it is changed.

Let me know where it went.

Thanks, Jeroen

Hello @jeroen_prismicio

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have checked it with my repository and can reproduce the same thing that you mentioned. I'll check this with my team and come back to you if something has changed.
However, we usually suggest using bulk copy to another locale feature to copy your documents.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hello @jeroen_prismicio

I have received an update from the team. Our team removed this feature around a year ago when revamped the document list.

Thanks for pointing this out to us, as we need to update our documentation.

Thanks,
Priyanka

I still miss this function dearly.

What does Prismic suggest we use to have an overview of documents and which locale they are in? Managing multiple languages with multiple content creators means you quickly lose sight of which documents are in need of translation.

I remember a request that would show you in the document list which locale the document was visible in but I don't know if that ever made it to an actual backlog. That would help but not be as easy to manage as the To translate dropdown.

Hello @maggadora, there is no way to know which documents are "missing" a translation. We removed the "to Translate" tag because the equivalent document would not always be necessary in all translation cases.

The way to link a document to its translation is to copy to another locale:

I know how to work with locales and translations, thank you, but what I am missing is the overview of which documents have been added to a locale and which have not.

What I hear you telling me is that there is actually no way of knowing this other than opening each and every document and switching between locales.

Let me stress again what a huge benefit the To translate dropdown was for us content managers who manage multi-language websites where each document is represented in all the locales.

I am now running a separate excel sheet to try to create this list and it is a lot of manual work which could be solved by the CMS with ease. Would it be possible to add the To Translate as a setting for those that need it?

That's correct, you can know which documents don't have a translation by checking them one by one.

It isn't possible to use the To translate tag anymore.