Copying a localized slice from page to page

When creating several pages with similar content on different locales (EN --> IT, ES, DE, etc) (think of vertical SEO landing pages), I'd like to copy the repeatable slices from a page to another (inside the same locale) so that I don't need to manually add translations.
Example: I have 5 pages that share an introductory slice and CTA slice. So far, I've been manually pasting translations into paragraphs, and that's time-consuming.
Is there another solution?

@Fares @Prismic-Support-Team

1 Like

Hello @alessandro.b

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

Currently, Prismic doesn't provide translations of content into another locale, and you have to translate your content manually.

Prismic provides a bulk copy to another locale feature, where you can bulk copy the selected documents into one or multiple locales and add documents into an existing or new Release. Still, with it, you have to translate your content manually.

Do you have bulk actions activated for your repo?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Threads close after a period of inactivity. Flag this thread to re-open it and continue the conversation.

Thanks @Priyanka!
At this point, it's practical to duplicate a page - given that most of the content is similar - and change only what is different.

What I had in mind was being able to copy slices from already published articles, and paste them into a new document.

Indeed, it's practical to duplicate the document if most of the content is similar. Duplicate button copying the content in the same locale.

Sure. Even though, it could make work easier to be able to go to an existent content, copy a slice and paste it to a new content. How can I pass this feedback on to ux research or product?

1 Like

Hello @alessandro.b

We have been internally discussing including this feature. I can tag @features-team here for future improvements. But this is not something the team will work on in the coming time, and I don't have any ETA.

Thanks for your feedback,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,
is there any update on this topic? We urgently need this possibility to copy slices of content from one page to the next.

It's another standard feature we miss with Prismic.
Thans. Ani

1 Like

Hello @anika.keller, We have no update about the feature, and I don't have any ETA for when the product team will deliver this feature because it's not on their priority list. Thanks.

Hi Priyanka, how do we users get something on your development team's priority list? Because we are failing with Prismic right now because standard features that any other CMS can do easily are not being implemented.

Thanks. Anika

As a content editor, I cannot understand why this feature does not exist and is not on the priority list. Compared to other CMS, it takes much longer to build new pages that contain similar slices to various(!) already existing pages. Which is very often the case with a growing domain. For me and my team, this is a show stopper. Especially in combination with the missing possibility to tag media assets.

I agree with many others in this thread. To be able to copy slice between documents should be on priority list. For content editors it would save a lot of time.

Another one here looking for copying a slice from one page to another, is a super basic behavior to reuse components in many pages...