Copy or migrate content from a prismic repository in other repository

Hello, I want to know how to migrate content from a repository to other?

Example:

I have a prismic repository A with custom types created and content uploaded in the English language. Then I create another repository B, I create the same customs types but I don't find a way to copy the same content I have on the repository A.

Kind Regards

Hi @lucio.gabardini.exte, Prismic offers repository cloning for Platinum & Enterprise Level plans. If you are interested in learning more about this, we can connect you with one of the Account Managers.

If that is beyond the scope of your project, then you can copy your Custom Type JSON code from one repo to the other and then you can recreate your content. You can use the Import/Export feature (available starting with the Medium plan) to help copy your content over. You can read more about the Import feature here.

Introduction to the Import/Export

Prismic also has a feature called Themes that allows you to launch a new repository with Custom Types that you pre-configure. You can read more about it here:

How to create a theme to quickstart your projects for Prismic

​Let me know if you have any questions about any of this.

Hello I tried with export / import but it doesn’t fit with my needs. I’m interested in the repository cloning feature you mention. Can you give me a contact person to speak about it?

Kind regards

@lucio.gabardini.exte I just sent a message to the Account Managers team. Someone should reach out to you soon :grinning:

Hey @lucio.gabardini.exte,

Just sent you a direct message in order to schedule a call to discuss this further.
If you have any other similar topics like this one in the future, feel free to reach out to Sales@prismic.io

Thanks,
Adrien

This is being tracked as an open feature request.

If you have another use-case for this feature, you can 'Flag' this topic to reopen. Please use the :heart: button to show your support for the feature and check out our Feature Request Guidelines.

I developed a tool that uses Prismic migration api under the hood to help you clone and duplicate Prismic repo easily. This tool is open source.

GitHub repo: https://github.com/merazgasalim/prismic-repository-cloner