Repo Duplication Question

So I have a baseline app written in Vue/Nuxt that I'm deploying to several different servers. I'm using prismic to be able to customize content for each deployment. I'm assuming the best way to do this is having a unique Prismic repo for each deployment, however, I don't see an option to quickly duplicate my base (default customizations) repo. Is this because I'm on the free version at the moment? I don't see any information about the import/export feature being behind a paywall, but I do see the functionality in the documentation.

Hey James, welcome to the Prismic forum!!

That is correct. The Prismic Import / Export module is available on Professional plans as well as Environments feature.

This last one being the one that i think suits the best for what you want to do. It allows you to clone the entirety of your production repository to a development environment: copying all of the custom types, documents, and assets. The user-base remains independent, ensuring that only the relevant developers and content editors have access to the development environment.

1 Like

I just upgrade to medium, but I dont see this environments feature anywhere. How do I go about finding/setting that up?

Hello, @jhood Here's a document that shows you how to do this:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity.

I am revisiting this, and realizing the massive miss here. I am currently a mix of Gatsby and NextJS applications. With the drop of Gatsby JS, which is the leading business site I manage for clients, I will have to either risk migrating to NextJS and ensure I don't push anything or trigger any migrations while allowing changes or, what is also happening, evaluate if I change approaches entirely.

Hi Travis,

The environments feature is available on our Enterprise and Platinum plans. There are no repo cloning services available for lower plans.

I'm not sure how having a duplicate repo will help your migration process between frameworks though. You won't need to touch the content repo when configuring a new web application to use the same data. Is there a risk that I'm missing?

Thanks.