Document Write API

Hi Guys,

I am working on a integration system where we will be integrating our existing system with Prismic for Document creation. So basically when a new item is added to our Database we want to create an equivalent Document in the Prismic.

I didn't find any ways to achieve that via the Integration Field APIs. Could you please assist here?

Regards
Som

Hi Team,

We are working on a System Integration project where we want to integrate the Prismic system with our system. We want to create the Documents in prismic on the basis of an event triggered from our system.

So couple of questions here.

1. Is there a way by which we can invoke an API to create a new Document in our Prismic Repository?
  2. Is there any way to Automate the Import process rather than uploading the Zipped json file/s manually?

You prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Som
Villa Plus

Hi @som,

What you're describing is a document write API and it's not something that we currently offer at Prismic.

It is being tracked as a feature request, but it's not something that we're currently working on. If/when that ever changes we'll update you here.

Thanks.

Thanks @Phil for the prompt response. Does this mean, we can't do the import operation automatically as well?

Regards
Som

Yes, the import option isn't meant to be used for this use case.

Ok. Gotcha. Is there any timeline for the Document Write API?

There's no timeline for this at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Phil We also require Document Write API feature. Any update regarding the same?

Hi Team,

No update for the moment; if there are any changes the team will update everyone here.

Thanks.

Hey there!

I'm Alaina, a Product Manager at Prismic, and I want to share some exciting news: We've launched our Migration API in Beta!

What is the Migration API?
It's our way of addressing the content migration challenges you've shared with us.
While it's still in its early stages, it already offers:

• A programmatic approach to creating and updating documents
  • Clear validations and precise error messaging for a smoother migration

Although the Migration API is not designed to encompass all Write API use cases mentioned here, it provides a strong foundation for accommodating more diverse content management needs in the future.

If you want to test out the Migration API, share your experiences, and actively shape its future, sign up for our Beta waitlist!

:point_right: Join the Waitlist

Your insights have been invaluable so far, and we can't wait to see where this collaboration takes us!
Best regards, Alaina

1 Like