Error running Slice Machine command

I am following the quick start guide for Nuxt here:

Running the slice machine setup command gives me the following error:

It then hangs on 'Downloading files from server'.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hello, @benhutchings,

Welcome to the Prismic community, and thanks for reaching out to us.

I tried installing the prismic sm --setup command, and it's working as expected without any error in my terminal.

What version of node and prismic-cli you have? To use Slice Machine you will need to have at least version 12.16.1 of node installed on your machine. You can check this by running the node -v command in your terminal.

And use the latest version of prismic CLI command: npm install -g prismic-cli@3.8.3-beta.0
More information here

Let me know if still doesn't solve the issue.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka, thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I have node version 14.5.0 installed, and I just reinstalled the latest prismic CLI with the command you suggested.

Interestingly I got a slightly different message:

I then used npm install -g prismic-cli like suggested, however I'm still getting the same error message.

I have quite a few deprecated npm packages when I run the prismic cli command, not sure if anything here is causing the error?

Many thanks,
Ben

Hello, @benhutchings,

I'm not sure what might be the issue since slice-machine is still in beta version. The deprecated things are normal. I'm talking to my team and we are trying to investigate the issue. Meanwhile, can you please check everything written in the slice-machine troubleshooting thread?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka, no problem at all, thanks for investigating! I will go through the troubleshooting thread in the meantime and reply back if anything works.

Many thanks,
Ben

Hello, @benhutchings,

How are you doing?

Have you checked the troubleshooting guide? Are you still getting the error?

I’m eager to receive your feedback.

Thanks,
Priyanka

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.