Explain the Prismic generated integration field modal display values

We have been using integration fields to deliver custom selectable items to Prismic documents for over a year now. We noticed that sometime over the last few months the presentation of the values changed from being on the right hand side of the document to a modal - not a big deal. It appears in the same improvements you changed how the attributes are presented. Before you could clearly see the description value. I couldn't find any documentation that describes the syntax for how these fields are rendered after being provided by our API. I attached an example screenshot.

Questions:

1. How is the 'Catalog" string built
  2. How is the 'Product code" string built
  3. it appears that the product code string removes '.' in the description value (which was a dot delimited string). Will it remove any other characters?

Untitled

Here is an example that includes the object being returned from our API. It appears that instead of showing the description field like was being done not too long ago, you are showing a modified version of the id field.

Can you return this back to showing the description field? In my opinion, ids shouldn't take precedence over a description in this sort of UI.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your feedback on how the new builder presents your integration field items is really helpful.

To answer your questions briefly, I don't believe there's anything you can do to display more information, as you suggested.

I'm putting you in contact with the page builder team who can consider your feedback to improve your experience they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Thanks.

Thank you Phil. I look forward to discussing this with the page builder team.

Hi @Michael.H,

After following up with the team I have some responses to the questions you asked.

1. How is the 'Catalog" string built
    It is a combination of the repository name and catalog name

2. How is the 'Product code" string built
    It is a combination of the repository name, catalog name and catalog item id

3. it appears that the product code string removes '.' in the description value (which was a dot delimited string). Will it remove any other characters?
    Formatting of the IDs are done by the indexer. It seems that we we need to format the ids (product code) because of a limitation within either Algolia or Redis.

Regarding the description to be displayed in the integration field preview, this is something that we should have the data for, it's just a case of us needing to update the API and UI. We need to estimate and prioritise the work but it seems unlikely it will be done this quarter.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.