Host With GoDaddy

I built a website with Next.js + Prismic for a client and I was planning to host it with Vercel but my client wanted to host it with GoDaddy.

As I know there will be another feature that builds with Machine learning for a dashboard when a user login which I didn't build it.

My questions are:

• Is it practical to host it with GoDaddy where they use CPanel?
  • How to set up Webhook if they use GoDaddy to trigger real-time updates?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @solution.stack99 ,

I don't have any experience with deploying Next there, but I think you'll get an answer to this faster on the Next.js Discord:

You can see our webhooks documentation here:

I would still recommend Vercel because of things like API routes, etc; it's always the best place to deploy Next.js apps. Whereas GoDaddy will take a lot of extra effort on your side.

Hi @Phil

I totally agree.

Is there anything else I should be aware of regarding the PROS and CONS of deploying Prismic beside API routes?
Also, could you explain more about the CONS of API routes with GoDaddy?

Thank you, Phil!

The point about API routes which are used for Previews is that Vercel handles these routes and allows you to build data on top of the app. Not something I can imagine GoDaddy handling. So I'm guessing Previews wouldn't work there.

If you wanted to get Next.js to work there you would need something like Coolify I think:

I have no idea if it's good or not.

I'm not really a Next.js expert though, so I don't know. It's not deploying Prismic; it's deploying Next.js. So, the Next.js chat boards are the best place to get that info.

Thanks, Phil!

1 Like