How can we live in a world without a multiselect field type?

It's 2022, why is this not a thing yet?

Hey @gareth, that's fair feedback!

It's true that a multi-select doesn't exist as such, but this doesn't mean that you can't build one.
You can create a Slice called multi-select with the title of what would be the "select" tag in HTML and then add a Boolean field in the repeatable zone.

Unfortunately I need a multiselect filed inside a slice as I'm already using a slice. If I use the repeatable zone inside the slice exclusively to create 'multiselect' functionality I lose the ability to have any repeatable items inside my slice.

Not to mention having to deserialise my data to create a simple flat array of strings.

Is this in the pipeline at all?

:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello @gareth, we're tracking this as a feature request but we don't have an ETA for when it'll be developed.

You can follow our status page if you're interested in seeing everything that we're working on

Thanks

I submitted it "again" on the roadmap. I agree with @gareth.
From a technical standpoint, the input element already exists, only an extra attribute is needed.
Restoring values in the UI shouldn't that hard.

<select id="a7cd090b-b247-49" value="Audi,Volvo" multiple="">
<option selected="selected" value="Audi">Audi</option>
<option selected="selected" value="Volvo" >Volvo</option>
<option value="Saab">Saab</option>
<option value="Opel">Opel </option>
</select>

PS it is not the first time we mentioned this "lack" of functionality

Thanks for the feedback @friso

Hurting for this feature as well.

Hi Team,

Thank you for your interest in multi-select. Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available in Prismic.

However, we are excited to share that we are rebuilding our editor to give us the flexibility to iterate and add new features based on your feedback quickly. Although multi-select won't be available at the time of the initial release, we will certainly evaluate it as part of the rebuild and consider it for future updates. You can sign up to our waitlist and read more about it here.

We appreciate your input and feedback on how we can improve Prismic to suit your needs better. Our team is always looking for ways to enhance the user experience, and we value your contribution to that effort.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help!