Suggestions

Hey Prismic team,

I love the CMS! I’ve been learning it and getting the hang of it, and I even started building a project for a client. However, I noticed a limitation that I think could be addressed by your developers, and it would be a great feature to have as a developer.

Here’s an example: I’m building a website for a restaurant, and I decided to create separate custom post types for the food menu, cocktail menu, and beer menu. Within the food menu, I created a repeatable item field that includes the title, description, prices, and price variants for add-ons or different scenarios. However, I would like to have the ability to add another repeatable zone inside each item to include specific tags, such as Vegan, Vegetarian, Spicy, etc.

I considered using a Select field, but it only allows one option at a time. My idea was to create a custom post type called Dietary Badges so that my client could add new dietary badges as needed, for example, if they wanted to introduce a new dietary category. Unfortunately, I can’t add more than one badge in my menu items without creating multiple relationship fields, which is not ideal.

Would it be possible to implement a feature that allows repeatable items within a custom post type to have a many-to-many relationship with related custom types (like Dietary Badges) so that I can select multiple badges (e.g., 2 or 3) instead of being limited to just one?

Hi @janisgaudreault.jg ,

I'm delighted you're enjoying using Prismic. Your use case is very clear, but unfortunately, that's not possible right now. We are tracking this as a feature request in the following thread.

When the time comes, we'll reach out to people there to do user testing, etc.

You can create one relationship which links to one document with multiple badges here. This is a workaround a lot of people use. But, yes not ideal.

Thanks.

1 Like