Integration Fields – Return Shopify Collections

Hey,

I've just started building out a site for a client and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to return individual Shopify collections using the Integration Fields?

On the frontend of the website the main shop page will feature all of the clients product collections from Shopify, and I want to be able to give them the ability within Prismic to re-order the collections as they see fit.

In previous projects I've ended up just getting the client to recreate the collection pages in Prismic using custom types, but it just seems like a doubling up of work if they also have to create them in Shopify as well to get certain other pieces of functionality working.

I'm just wondering if this is already possible and I've just missed it, or if it could be easily implemented using the Custom API Integration Field instead?

Thanks!

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for this question.

The Shopify integration only returns individual products from Shopify. If you want different data points, your best bet is to create a Custom API. You can find more info on the Integration Fields custom API, here:

Currently, Integration Fields will fetch all data from your API every 30 minutes.

There is also an Integration Fields Write API, currently in beta. That allows you to create, update, and delete individual items in an Integration Field with a post request (demo here). Our documentation for that isn't published, yet, but if you'd like to go with that option, let me know and I'll send you more info.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Sam

Hey Sam,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, that's exactly as I thought. I'm going to explore the Custom API and try this out.

And thanks for letting me know about the Write API too – it's sounds like a nice little feature. I'll definitely check it out once it's live.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.